11.22.2008


PATTERN: Bobble Scarf by Ann Budd
YARN: Noro Cash Iroho, 5 balls, approximately 450 yds. (Mr. and Mrs. T - do you recognize this from your blog contest?)
NEEDLES: Size 8 ebony needles

I kept knitting until I used all the yarn. The pattern calls for over 600 yards so mine is a bit shorter, which is just fine with me. The pattern uses faux bobbles and 1x1 rib, so it is reversible. One of the design features that attracted me to this pattern was how the faux bobbles are taken to the very edge of the pattern so that is makes the edge irregular. I really like that. I wanted the faux bobbles to have more definition and thought about doing real bobbles, but then it would no longer be reversible. I am attached to this scarf - the color has depth, the yarn is yummy against my skin, the 1x1 rib feels wonderful and adds depth, and the faux bobbles are rather wild. I enjoy noticing patterns in nature and ordinary things, and hopefully you will understand if I say this scarf reminds me of flies on the screen door. This time of year as the seasons are changing the flies sit on the screen door, and I noticed the pattern of the flies against the grid of the screen, how some flies are together and some are alone. (I also notice birds sitting on a wire, the pattern they make, and how they group while they are chatting.) Anyway, my private name for this scarf is "flies on a screendoor".



Wouldn't you like to see a group of knitters get in the Cash Cab? (a game show on Discovery Channel that takes place in a taxi)

4 Comments:

At 11/23/2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty - beautiful color

 
At 11/23/2008 , Blogger TutorH said...

CASH CAB!!!

 
At 11/23/2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joseph is Karen....

 
At 11/26/2008 , Blogger Jerry said...

The Cash Iroha looks so soft and warm knit in that pattern. So glad you were able to find a pattern that was appropriate. The silk gives the yarn that sheen and depth that is hard to get otherwise.

Deb and I always point out when we see something that looks reminiscent to our fiberwork. I just posted about cables in the tree bark. Too funny!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home