4.15.2007

Sunny Sunday




There have been many times that I longed to take advantage of the sale prices on yarn at Little Knits and up until recently I have had to resist. I ordered yarn for my first lace shawl, the Sun Ray Shawl; I ordered the Peru DK Luxury (70% merino, 20% alpaca, 10% silk). The sock yarn was not only tweedy but also a bargain and I wanted it all but I settled for 2. I look forward to knitting the socks this fall.

These poor socks have been staring at me from my knitting case - kind of like a fish laying on its side looking at you with its eye. They were finished and destined never to know the joy of being worn and appreciated because of the wonky heels I gave them. So I took one sock and jumped in.


There is a part of me encouraging me "Do it... Do it... Do it!" But then after I jump in there is inevitably another part of me saying "I wish I knew what I was doing". I did my best to secure the stitches on the needles, and then I put it back into the knitting case. They will think twice before looking at me that way again.



I am ready to join all 3 pieces (body and 2 sleeves). I am a little intimidated by the shirt back yoke thing, but I have EZ holding my hand through her book 'Knitting Without Tears'. I have seen so many success stories on the Zimmermaniacs knitalong that I am hopeful of success for myself.

One of my knitting buddies (Hi!) recently asked me if and where I order on line, and I said that other than the Rowan Yorkshire Tweed I do not really order on line. Now that I think about it I believe I unintentionally told a lie. I try hard to support my LYS but sometimes I will also buy from KnitPicks. There are times when I cannot afford to knit a project unless I buy inexpensive wool yarn, and KnitPicks yarn is good for the price. Okay, now I un-lied.

4 Comments:

At 4/15/2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooohhh....that yarn looks SO soft! Got a chuckle about your "un-lying"...

 
At 4/16/2007 , Blogger knitspot anne said...

i'll be curious to see how you like that tweedy sock yarn—we just got it in at our shop and i'm trying to decide if i really like it or not!

i love how you gave those socks the boot!

(HA!)

 
At 4/17/2007 , Blogger Jerry said...

I appluade your loyalty to the LYS in your area. We feel the same way, but they can't carry all of the yarns we love so we heavily support them and some not so local when we find something that just has to come home to us.

You are like Dr. Sock now. :)

 
At 4/17/2007 , Blogger MollyKnits said...

Knitting Without Tears is DA BOMB! I had one ages ago, and I wore the poor thing out, then lost it. I just got a new last week. I am totally down with making a seemless sweater right now. The one I am seeming is taking FOREVER, and the sleeves don't fit in right!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home