3.29.2007

House socks finished

Pattern: Cable Twist Socks from Hello Yarn
Yarn: Cleckheaton Country Prints, DK weight
Needles: Size 3 KnitPicks circulars (knitted magic loop style)


This is the heaviest yarn I have ever used on socks and they really went fast. The pattern and variegated yarn did not work together like I hoped but I still like them. I would knit this pattern again. They are a little heavy for most shoes but make great house socks. After I took the pictures today I put them on and have not taken them off yet. I like my woolies.


I tried to take pictures of the socks in action but my caretaker was persistent in her efforts to be part of the photo shoot, as maybe you can tell by this photo.

1 Comments:

At 3/30/2007 , Blogger Jerry said...

Thanks for the link to the new yarn shop. Did you use the Knit Picks Classics or the Options needles? Might I sugest some Dansko clogs to show off those beautiful socks. http://www.dansko.com/Our_Products/Women's/Clogs.aspx
If you select the open back bersions then the sock thickness isn't a problem. We do a version of house socks that we call "couch socks" We don't even walk around the house in them. Pansy is just wondering why you keep taking "her" yarn balls.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home