5.08.2009

Easy color play

I wanted to knit some easy socks, but I wanted something with a little interest to it.

I chose my favorite cuff. I like the picot edge.

Next, I chose a color to purl. I chose blue on one sock and green on the other. I found that it works best to choose a color that has a short length and shows up every other round. It creates garter stitch, which adds nice texture and is visually interesting.


Eye of partridge heel flap with a garter stitch edge. I like the way the heel flap stitch blurs the colors , and then the garter stitch edge makes nice tidy stripes of color.


I went down a needle size starting at the gusset. The stripes changed character and reversed direction.


Fine stripes of color over the toe decreases made the colors more condensed there.

Fun and easy. Just what I needed.

Yarn: Socks that Rock.
Needles: 2.5 mm and 2.0 mm.
Pattern: None.

4 Comments:

At 5/08/2009 , Anonymous lynda said...

What a cool idea! I'm definitely going to try this :)

 
At 5/19/2009 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

that is a great idea. love it.

don't you just love Socks that Rock, I've been able to get some skeins via Raverly and it's my fave sock yarn at the moment.

 
At 5/22/2009 , Blogger Buckette said...

Radical. (Not the actual meaning of radical, but more of the 80's meaning.

 
At 6/22/2009 , Anonymous Felt bags said...

Hello Punkin
Fantastic work. Fabulous designs. Keep on doing. Hope to see more designs in future.
Dolma

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home