7.15.2006

June projects


I am making a sampler afghan using cable patterns. My first block is a simple rope cable. I used Jo Sharp Silk Road Aran Tweed - my hands love it. I know the rule is to knit cable designs with light colored yarn, but I love tweed and so I risked the wrath of the yarn police. In real life the rope cables really do show up with this yarn (unlike this picture).


Work In Progress
My other project is a shoulder cozy from Wrap Style. The picture does not show the color - it is actually a dark green. The yarn is Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Superchunky. I love the feel but the yarn's tendency to pill even before it is off the needles is annoying.


Black Sheep Gathering in Eugene. Woohoo! My first time attending a fiber arts gathering. I was blessed with a perfect day. The workshops I attended taught by Joan Schrouder and J.C. Briar were great. Now I can knit backwards and read charts.... but I still can't talk or chew gum at the same time; that is probably another workshop.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home