These singles have been gathering dust for the last few months. These colors are true to the actual colors (on my monitor). I am going to Black Sheep Gathering tomorrow, and I needed to free up my bobbins. I used a heavy weight cardboard core that is slightly larger than the size of paper towel core. I cut it in half and put it into service as a 4th "bobbin" so I would have an empty bobbin for plying.
My first 3-ply (color washed out a little by the flash) ....
fun fun fun
I think I will stick to 2-ply, though, until I can consistently spin the finer singles. Stretches of this 3-ply are sport weight (my goal) but other parts are aran weight (eek). I want to spin sock yarn.